Monday, December 19, 2011

Update from Kim

Sorry I am just now updating. It has been one of those extremely busy weekends! This will cover several events so it is a little long... sorry in advance:

Marky and Audree
This past Thursday Audree had her appointment at the Solid Organ Transplant Clinic. Her bloodwork went very smoothly (Thank you God and Thank you Ms. Shi Shi!) Audree just kept smiling while Ms. Shi Shi drew blood :) As far as her weight... Audree has not gained at all since her last appointment. Audree is on 30 calorie formula (the cardiologists call it super formula/ super fuel) every 3 hours around the clock... so in theory she should be gaining steadily. This just tells us her heart is still working so hard that it is burning off all the calories we are putting in. So we are going back to weekly weigh ins for the next 2 weeks and if she hasn't gained weight at that point we will have to look at our options. She had been eating orally, but Thursday night I had to put her NG (nasogastric) feeding tube back in. Please pray for her to start gaining weight!!

Uncle Mike and Audree
On Thursday, after my Aunt Deanna's funeral Mark, Marky, Avaree, my parents, Jeff and Faunette, and my brother, Michael, came to visit. Most of my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins drove down to Dallas/Ft.Worth for George's funeral as well. Mark stayed with Audree at RM so I could attend the funeral and see my family. I am very blessed to have such a loving, supportive, and compassionate family. It was so wonderful to see everyone, but I wish it was under very different circumstances. It is very hard to lose Aunt Deanna (Stocker Magera) and George (Harward), especially for my cousin, Dallas. So please continue to cover my extended family in prayer as well.

Audree and Avaree
One a brighter note, we celebrated Marky's 5th birthday Friday (He turned 5 on Monday 12/12/11)! He loved every minute of it. We bought an oreo cake from Walmart and some small transfomer action figures and candles... While it wasn't our usual birthday experience it was fun. 2 other people staying at RM were having birthdays as well, so we were able to share the cake and fun with them and our sweet friends that we have made during our time here! We spent Saturday at Legoland and the Sealife Aquarium (Grammy and Audree hung out at RM). Marky and Avaree loved it! Then Saturday night we celebrated Christmas at Grammy, Papa's and Uncle Mike's hotel. Unfortunately, Colin and Aunt Ashley, had colds and couldn't come. We missed having them with us, but we look forward to seeing them soon! This morning we all slept in a little bit, then went downstairs to take some family Christmas pictures. I'll post those as soon as I get some from Grammy :) After a nice lunch and more time to visit, my family loaded up and started back home. It will be a long drive for them so please pray for safe travels and their sanity ;) ... my older children are TALKERS!
Grandpa, Audree, and Grandma


Marky, Audree, and Grandma
Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment